Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quickqlik2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Exclude rows with blank values (not null values, not 0 values) from specific columns

When I create a table visualization in Qlik Sense I get a table that looks like this:

Person ID Size
Bastien 1 Small
Michael 2  
Toni 3 Medium
Jona 4 Large

I don't want to show any rows where the size is blank, in this case I'd want to exclude the Michael row. I can go to the data portion of the "Size" column and disable "Include null values". I can also go to the add-on properties and disable "Include 0 values".

After doing these steps the second row (with Michael) is still shown.

How do I exclude rows with blank values from specific columns?

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you have any aggregated measures in your table, you could use Set Analysis to limit the data, like this for example:

sum( {<Size -={''}>}  Value)

If your table only has Dimensions, then you could use a Calculated Dimension for Size, something like this:

AGGR(IF(Len(Size)>0, Size), Size)

This formula will return nulls every time the length of the field is 0, and you already know how to exclude null values.

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you have any aggregated measures in your table, you could use Set Analysis to limit the data, like this for example:

sum( {<Size -={''}>}  Value)

If your table only has Dimensions, then you could use a Calculated Dimension for Size, something like this:

AGGR(IF(Len(Size)>0, Size), Size)

This formula will return nulls every time the length of the field is 0, and you already know how to exclude null values.

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!