Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bubbleT
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expression filtering based on user input

I wish to aggregate Score * Revenue for the most recent entry per organization, considering only those entries where the date is less or equal to a user-defined variable vSelectedDate that is from the user input DatePicker in the Sheets section after load script has completed.

Organisation Name Date Revenue Score
Apple 06/02/2024 300 5
Apple 06/02/2023 200 4
Apple 06/02/2022 100 3
Banana 01/01/2024 50 10
Banana 01/01/2023 70 10
Banana 01/01/2022 100 11

E.g.vSelectedDate= 30/12/2023. Desired selection:

Organisation Name Date Revenue Score
Apple 06/02/2023 200 4
Banana 06/02/2023 70 10

Desired expression result: 200 * 4 + 70 * 10 = 1500

I have tried:

Sum(
  Aggr(
    If(
      Rank(Max(Date)) = 1 and Date <= $(vSelectedDate),
      Score * Revenue
    ),
    [Organisation Name]
  )
)

However I understand that it doesn't work because Max(Date) needs to be calculated within an aggregated context specific to each [Organisation Name], but without an explicit aggregation phase separating the determination of Max(Date) from its ranking, the expression cannot correctly isolate and rank the latest date per organization.

Is there a possible solution or workaround for what I wish to achieve?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can use a set expression to restrict the dates:

{<Date={"<=$(vSelectedDate)"}>}

You might have to play around with date formatting a bit if it doesn't work right away. I used the default date format for the field and variable and it worked.

To get the most recent values for the Revenue and Score you can use the FirstSortedValue function and sort the fields by the most recent Date:

FirstSortedValue(Revenue * Score, -Date)

To calculate the product for every organization, use Aggr and then sum everything up to get the final result:

Sum(
Aggr(
FirstSortedValue(Revenue * Score, -Date),
[Organisation Name]
)
)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can use a set expression to restrict the dates:

You might have to play around with date formatting a bit if it doesn't work right away. I used the default date format for the field and variable and it worked.

To get the most recent values for the Revenue and Score you can use the FirstSortedValue function and sort the fields by the most recent Date:

FirstSortedValue(Revenue * Score, -Date)

To calculate the product for every organization, use Aggr and then sum everything up to get the final result:

Sum(
Aggr(
FirstSortedValue(Revenue * Score, -Date),
[Organisation Name]
)
)
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@bubbleT Perhaps this?

Max({<Date={"<=$(vSelectedDate)"}>} Total <Date> Aggr( Sum({<Date={"<=$(vSelectedDate)"}>} Revenue*Score), [Organisation Name]))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bubbleT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Much appreciated. For anyone in need, I ended up using:

Sum(
    Aggr(
        FirstSortedValue({<Date={"<$(vSelectedDate)"}>} Revenue * Score, -Date), 
        [Organisation Name]
    )
)

which works exactly as intended.