Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guilgo
Partner - Contributor III

Filter by date

Hello, 

I've 2 questions : 

1) 

Is it possible to define a default filter?

I have dates from 1990 to 2023 and I want a default selection of the last 5 years, with the possibility of selecting any year, but when I delete the selection I'd like to return to the default selection without selecting the last 5 years again.

2) 

I have some negligible values I'd like to remove, I'd like to neglect the values where the date is before 1995 and the few absurd values after 2023? How can I remove them?

Or how can I replace the dates before 1995, e.g. replace 10/3/1992 with 1/1/1995, so that I no longer have these negligible values?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

For 

1. You can set benchmark for dynamic last 5 year selection and make it as default benchmark , so that, whenever user open the app, it will select last 5 years by default.

2. you can use where condition while loading the data

where Year(Date) >= 2015 and Year(Date) <= 2023;

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

For 

1. You can set benchmark for dynamic last 5 year selection and make it as default benchmark , so that, whenever user open the app, it will select last 5 years by default.

2. you can use where condition while loading the data

where Year(Date) >= 2015 and Year(Date) <= 2023;

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Guilgo
Author

Thank you for your answer

What do you mean by "set benchmark" ? 

MayilVahanan

Hi

Please refer this link to understand better

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Bookmarks/set-default-boo...