Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alam
Contributor
Contributor

Filter using button

Hi,

I have a date field in my data through which I have created 2 new fields i.e. Month (MMM e.g. Jan) and Year (YYYY e..g 2024)

I want to create buttons on my sheet for various years and months. So when users click on a button,the data gets filtered to show data for that month/year. As they keep clicking more buttons, the filters keep on adding rather than replacing the previous one.

If users click on Jan, Feb and March buttons one by one,the filters should adjust and data be displayed for these 3 months. If they then click 2023 button, data should be displayed for Jan,Feb,March 2023 
Reference pic attached

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Reply
bakedbean
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Alam, 

You could create lot's of small buttons that trigger an action (to toggle in field) but personally I think this would over complicate things.

The standard functionality of a list box (filter pane chart) allows the user to add and remove filters like you mention here "As they keep clicking more buttons, the filters keep on adding rather than replacing the previous one."

I like to have a filter pane object across the top of my apps where I place the most used filters for the data set. 

Unfortunately it won't look like the image you shared, but it would be simple and the function how you wished. 

Thanks