Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHRIS_Singa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Forecasting with time series data

Hey,

I might need your help.
I got time series data and would like to do a forecast without using the extension Advanced Qlik Analytics. How could I make it possible without the extension (using only script)? And if possible to plot it.

I really want to know the forecast for the next six months according my time series data.

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

@CHRIS_Singa at the moment, in QSEoW there is not a native way to perform forecasting. In any case, there are some tricks you can use to create a simple linear regression. One way is by extending the X-Axis directly in the Data Load Editor with the dates that you don’t have in the data model and then calculating the linear regression. I'll recommend you have look at the attached example created by one of our community members:

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @CHRIS_Singa, if you are using Qlik Cloud I would suggest having a look here: Time series forecasting 😊

CHRIS_Singa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Andrea_Spinetti,

I am not using the cloud version.

I am using Qlik Sense version that why I need help. 

Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

@CHRIS_Singa at the moment, in QSEoW there is not a native way to perform forecasting. In any case, there are some tricks you can use to create a simple linear regression. One way is by extending the X-Axis directly in the Data Load Editor with the dates that you don’t have in the data model and then calculating the linear regression. I'll recommend you have look at the attached example created by one of our community members: