Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardLinderman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Getting the option to pick a field from a dropdown menu on my sheet that changes the whole sheet.

So this is perhaps the biggest topic I need help with. I'm trying to create a drop down menu that allows me to pick from three different measures for my sheet, and for each one I want the entire sheet to change its measures. I believe that what I'm basically wanting is to have a drop-down menu that basically changes between three states or sheets. To give an example, if I select Advanced Purchase, I need the graph to represent to not only represent advanced purchases but also to have the headings "0-4 Days" and "5+ Days", but if I instead select Class, as well as representing class purchases I want the headings to change to "NONECONOMY" and "ECONOMY". Would anyone be able to help, please?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Use a variable input to create a dropdown for a new variable that controls the "state".

You can then either use conditions in your measures to check for the state and adjust the result accordingly or (in my opinion cleaner) use containers to only show the chart that is set up for the selected state using the container tab's show conditions.

RichardLinderman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, thanks for the response. Would you happen to know how to create a variable that controls the state?

LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I would create it in the load script.

But you can also create a new variable in the variable editor. (You can find it in the bottom-left corner when editing a sheet)

RichardLinderman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, I know how to create a variable in the variable editor, but I can't seem to do so using field names. I need specific instruction on that (if it's possible, some searches on Google I did suggested that it wasn't physically possible...)