Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise119
Creator III
Creator III

Graph legend in scatter plot

HI, I wanna use scatterplot.
The color coding of the graph is done using formulas.
How can we include legend?

scatter.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

1) Switch colors to "Custom"

2) Select "By Dimension"

3) Set "Show Legend" to Auto and ensure the object is large enough that a legend can be displayed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lemac
Contributor III
Contributor III

I encountered the same problem. The way I solved it: I just added a 'Text & Picture'-box with the legend, just beside the table. 

Pictured is temperature to solar hours, the colors depicting the seasons, and slowly changing with the seasons. . 

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much.

I'm not clear what you said, but  you understand you use  'Text & Picture' which is written the legend.
How do you connect the 'Text & Picture and the scatter plot?

Or
MVP
MVP

1) Switch colors to "Custom"

2) Select "By Dimension"

3) Set "Show Legend" to Auto and ensure the object is large enough that a legend can be displayed.

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much!

Can I change the color?  (I think the default is light blue and light pink...?)
and the legend name as well. How can I change?

Or
MVP
MVP

You can set the colors under Color Scheme. If you don't like the defaults, you can create your own as per https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2023/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Sense_Extensi...

You can mess around with the available settings under "Color and Legend" to see what you can format. I'm no expert...

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Or
MVP
MVP

I haven't tested that, but I imagine it'll work (as long as the list of possible values isn't very long, in which case it's not very practical)