Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea28
Contributor II
Contributor II

Greater than or equal to in set expressions

Hi I am trying to add a condition where measures (a, b, c, d, e etc) should be >=1 and field Resolution should be No errors but I am getting an error. Could anyone help check please?

The measures should have OR condition, hence the +

count({(<[a]>=1> + <[b] >=1> + <[c]>=1> + <[d] >=1> + <[e] >=1> + <[f]>=1> + <[f] >=1> + <[g] >=1> + <[h] >=1>) * <[Resolution]={'No errors'}>}[Work Unit ID])

I am probably going wrong with the syntax of the greater than= expression. Appreciate the help.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
MendyS
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Andrea28 

Hi, try to use that example - 

{<Resolution= {'No errors'}>} count({<[a] = {">=1"}> + <[b] = {">=1"}>} [Work Unit ID])

Andrea28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @MendyS  , the above expression is showing Garbage after expression =

Andrea28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am basically trying to count the work unit ID when either of the measures (a,b, c etc) >=1 and Resolution= {'No errors'}

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

A simpler way of rewriting this criteria would be just to check if the sum of all a,b,c...h is >=1

=count({

[Work Unit ID]={"=rangesum(alt(a,0),alt(b,0),alt(c,0),alt(d,0),alt(e,0),alt(f,0),alt(g,0),alt(h,0))>=1"}

,[Resolution]={'No errors'}

}[Work Unit ID])

Best would be to create a flag  field that checks this criteria during data load as below 

Tablename:

Load

a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,workunitid

,If(rangesum(alt(a,0),alt(b,0),alt(c,0),alt(d,0),alt(e,0),alt(f,0),alt(g,0),alt(h,0))>=1,1,0) as flagfield 

From somesourcetable;

Then use the flagfield for simplifying the expression

=count({

,flagfield={1}

,[Resolution]={'No errors'}

}[Work Unit ID])

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.