Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III

Greatest value becoming smallest

I Have a Build Up Chart that goes from the "Programmed Values" to the "Real Values" and when the first one is greater than the second one, my data must change so that:

Programmed 50
A 2
B 3
C 4
D -5
E 8
F 20
Real 82

Becomes:

Programmed 50
A 8
B 4
C 3
D 20
E 2
F -5
Real 82

What I did was change the order. For exemple, the greatest value (20) was assigned to F but now the lowest value is. The same goes to the second greates (8), assigned to E. The second lowest (2) is now assigned to E.

How can I reassing values in Qlik Sense like that?

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rams-
Creator
Creator

Hi you share your expression!!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rams-
Creator
Creator

Hi you share your expression!!!

Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got It by myself but I thank you for the help

I created 6 variables:

• vA=Formula of Measure A
  • vB=Formula of Measure B
  • vC=Formula of Measure C
  • vD=Formula of Measure D
  • vE=Formula of Measure E
  • vF=Formula of Measure F

Then, for exemple, to change the value of vB based on it's rank among A,B,C,D,E and F, I used:

• If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1)
  • ))))))

Using the same formula for vA,vC,vD,vE and vF but changing the variable in red to the corresponding one, I can reverse the values as I intended:

• greatest value changing to the lowest value among the 6.
  • 2th greatest value changing to the 2th lowest value among the 6.
  • and so on...
Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Accept as Solution

Got It by myself but I thank you for the help

I created 6 variables:

• vA=Formula of Measure A
  • vB=Formula of Measure B
  • vC=Formula of Measure C
  • vD=Formula of Measure D
  • vE=Formula of Measure E
  • vF=Formula of Measure F

Then, for exemple, to change the value of vB based on it's rank among A,B,C,D,E and F, I used:

• If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1)
  • ))))))

Using the same formula for vA,vC,vD,vE and vF but changing the variable in red to the corresponding one, I can reverse the values as I intended:

• greatest value changing to the lowest value among the 6.
  • 2th greatest value changing to the 2th lowest value among the 6.
  • and so on...