Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_PR
Contributor III
Contributor III

Grouping Alternative Dimensions

preeti1_0-1713559771081.png

I wanted a dropdown in my graphs hence created Master Items Dimensions - Drill and created the attached visual. However I want to group my alternative dimensions. I have 4 dimensions in X Axis. and Y axis I have the count.

I want the 1st dropdown with values - Current Month, Current Quarter

I want the 2nd dropdown with values - Action Label, Type.

Is there any way this can be acheived.

Labels (6)
4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Create each dimension with master item...and label it...

Then create a alternate states and assign to your lables it will allow to toggle....just give a try ( not tested from my side it's just a idea)

Best

Chanty4u..

A_PR
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response. I have created 2 dimensions and labelled it as - Quarter/Month, Type/Action.

But when I created the graph I did not use the dimension as it gives the common label. I used individual dimesion. 

"Then create a alternate states and assign to your lables it will allow to toggle.' - could you please explain this part.

Thanks

Preeti

ericatrotter
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Preeti1, 

You'll want to create 2 drill down master dimensions: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Dimensions/create-dr....

Then place them both into your visual - 1 as the default view and the other as the alternative.

A_PR
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response @Erica. However when I add the dimensions in the graph it gives a drill down option. I'm looking for more like a toggle button where in can show different views.