Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help converting to timestamp

Hello,

I have a timestamp field that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 11.31.06 AM.png

It is being read as text and I've tried using Timestamp# to convert it, but it is still tagged as $ascii $text:

Timestamp#(Replace([timestamp],' GMT ',' '),'WWW MMM DD hh:mm:ss YYYY') as newTS,

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 11.33.42 AM.png   Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 11.37.57 AM.png

Would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks,

Tanya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Timestamp#(Mid(Replace([timestamp],' GMT ',' '), Index(Replace([timestamp],' GMT ',' '), ' ')+1),'MMM DD hh:mm:ss YYYY') as newTS

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am on Qlik Sense 2.2.3

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Timestamp#(Mid(Replace([timestamp],' GMT ',' '), Index(Replace([timestamp],' GMT ',' '), ' ')+1),'MMM DD hh:mm:ss YYYY') as newTS

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Try this

Dual(TimeStamp#(Replace(timestamp,' GMT',''),'MMM DD hh:mm:ss YYYY'),TimeStamp#(Mid(Replace(timestamp,' GMT',''),5),'MMM DD hh:mm:ss YYYY')) as NewTS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That works! Can you explain why?

sunny_talwar

For some reason, the TimeStamp#() or Date#() are unable to read the WeekDay using WWW. I just removed it from the interpretation to fix this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you  want to convert this to other Format Like,

06/07/2017 10:30:40

you can use below expression:

Replace Time with your fieldname.

Timestamp#(DATE(DATE#(LEFT(RIGHT(replace(Time, 'GMT',''),21),6)&' '&RIGHT(RIGHT(replace(Time, 'GMT',''),21),4),'MMM DD YYYY'),'MM/DD/YYYY')&' '&SubField(Time,' ',4),'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS') as #Timestamp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny!