Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hide a Column/Display Sum Column Conditionally

Hi

I have this situation, where based on the consultant, selected, i needed to show/hide column of total amount billed so far.

e.g

For the below data, I am trying to create a table on right side, and based on selection, if the particular consultant was not billed in that state, i would like the column for that consultant to hide.

So for Location = VA, David didnt get billed, so only total for Adam & Eve should be displayed. otherwise all three, if there's no filter on location.

1.JPG

11 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

let's try with the below expression:

Sum( {< [Name] += {'Adam'} >} [Total] )

I hope it helps.

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi agigliottizhandos_shotanvegar.lie.arntsen stalwar1 .thank you so much that pretty solved the problem except for a fact that i have another subsequent problem now .. .

Situation: I have to keep the first two plots, regardless of the selection users make, from the rest of the bars. eg when user select the third graph for drilldown/selection, graph should display 1+2 & the 3rd one or any other that he has selected, keeping 1 & 2 on always.

With your earlier help with expression, I could manage to keep the 1& 2 bars there always, but when the selection is made, the first two graphs are getting grayed out for some reason.

I can see that somehow the dimension determining color, is not getting assigned properly as highlighted in screen 2 & 3, whereas i can see it getting populated in header of tool tip.

The expression, i am using on reported total is:

if(getselectedcount([Name])=0,Sum([Amount]),Sum({$<[Name]+={L2,L3}>}[Amount]))

where L2 & L3 are name for the first two bars.

Capture3.png

Appreciate your help