Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciara
Creator
Creator

How best to display end time per operating room per date

I'm looking for some visualisation help.

I have the below table that I've calculated the 'End Time' for the operating theatre for a specific date but I'd like to find a visual representation that would show the same information on a chart rather than just a straight table.

Could I possibly use a line chart with time being on the Y axis and Date on the X? (I tried this but didnt know how to have the Y axis as a representation of time)  Or is there another Qlik native or Vizlib chart that could be used to represent this data?

Thanks

Ciara

Ciara_0-1595426067521.png

5 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Here is a distribution chart, not sure if it is what you are looking for ..

dist.PNG

It has OperatingRoomID and ScheduleOperationDate as dimensions, and OREndTime as a measure with no aggregation. Also Jitter points turned on under Appearance>Presentation and Color by OperatingRoomID. 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Or a bar chart as below

orbar.PNG

Ciara
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Lisa

These both look great.  I think the Bar Chart might work but how did you get the Y axis to display the time?  My bars are the correct times from my table but the height of all my bars are the same even though there are hours differences with some of the end times.

Thanks again for your help.

Ciara

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Here are the properties of the measure

orendsum.PNG

Ciara
Creator
Creator
Author

Ahh ok ... sorry I didnt explain my data model really.  The OREndTime is a calculated field in my script so it repeats on every row.  I can't use sum.  When I try to use 'Max' all bars remain the same height.