Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I group survey dates (by day)?

I've imported a CSV with a lot of survey data--each line is a survey observation.

There's a timestamp column in the MM-DD-YYYY HH-MM-SS-MS format.  I'm trying to group the timestamps by day, so that my survey data can show satisfaction aggregated by day.  How do I do this?

Also, I think related to this, is there a source online (or in Qlik Sense) where I can find all the possible functions that can be used to create an expression?

5 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Aurangzeb,

ou have a timestamp, e.g. ‘2012-01-28 08:32:45’ in your transaction table and you want to link this to a master calendar table containing dates. One correct way to load this key could be

Date( Floor( Timestamp#( Created, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss')), 'M/D/YYYY') as CreatedDate

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andrew.  I'll give that a shot.

Where can I find all the different possible functions I can use?  I spent quite some time trying to find it online last night, but no luck.

Not applicable
Author

Andrew, if the variable (column) this date sits in is called 'timestamp', can I effect that variable directly, as an example:

Date( Floor( Timestamp#( Created, 'timestamp')), 'M/D/YYYY') as CreatedDate

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Change where is says Created to the name of your field

Date( Floor( Timestamp#( Created, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss')), 'M/D/YYYY') as CreatedDate

Andy

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

One thing to add , in Qlik Sense it can be helpful to create the date calendar (using all of the above date functions) using DERIVED fields.  These are new to version 1.1 Qlik Sense

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/DerivedFields.htm?High...

Then the date fields will show up in the UI in a specialized location  ('Date & Time fields') as below...

A little easier to organize and about the same amount of work in the load editor.

Untitled.png