Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nethu_Rajapaksha
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I visualize only 5 weeks in X axis? But when maximize(Full screen) the chart wanna see all the weeks.

I have created a line chart to calculate efficiencies of different departments. But I only want to see the latest 5 weeks(e.g. : W18, W19, W20, W21, W22) in the X axis. But when I maximize the chart I want to see all the X axis weeks from W14 to W22. How do I visualize this in Qlik sense?  I would appreciate if you could help me.

Capture2.JPG

Here are the expressions I used:

//Week:

=[Date.autoCalendar.Week]

//Department:

=if([Team Type]='Laying', 'Laying',
if([Team Type]='Cutting','Lectra',
if([Team Type]='Laser Cutting','Laser Cutting',
if([Team Type]='Pad Printing','Pad Printing',
if([Team Type]='Pre Shape','Pre Shape',
if([Team Type]='Pattern Sewing','Pattern Sewing',
if([Team Type]='Bierrebi','Bierrebi',
if([Team Type]='Band Knife','Band Knife'))))))))

//Efficiency:

Sum({<[Team Type]={'Laying','Cutting','Laser Cutting','Pad Printing','Pre Shape','Pattern Sewing','Bierrebi','Band Knife'}>} [Production Minutes])/Sum({<[Team Type]={'Laying','Cutting','Laser Cutting','Pad Printing','Pre Shape','Pattern Sewing','Bierrebi','Band Knife'}>} [Factory Work Minutes])

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sayed_Mannan
Creator
Creator

Hi, 

To visualize only the latest 5 weeks on the X-axis in your Qlik Sense line chart, you can use a calculated dimension.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Go to the properties panel of your chart.
2. In the Dimensions tab, click on `Add` > `Calculated Dimension`.
3. Enter the following expression:

=If(Week >= Max(total Week)-4 and Week <= Max(total Week), Week)

This expression will filter out the weeks that are not within the latest 5 weeks.

To see all the weeks when you maximize the chart, you can create a separate chart with all the weeks on the X-axis. Unfortunately, Qlik Sense does not provide a built-in feature to dynamically change the X-axis based on the chart size.

Remember to replace `Week` in the expression with your week field `[Date.autoCalendar.Week]`.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sayed_Mannan
Creator
Creator

Hi, 

To visualize only the latest 5 weeks on the X-axis in your Qlik Sense line chart, you can use a calculated dimension.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Go to the properties panel of your chart.
2. In the Dimensions tab, click on `Add` > `Calculated Dimension`.
3. Enter the following expression:

=If(Week >= Max(total Week)-4 and Week <= Max(total Week), Week)

This expression will filter out the weeks that are not within the latest 5 weeks.

To see all the weeks when you maximize the chart, you can create a separate chart with all the weeks on the X-axis. Unfortunately, Qlik Sense does not provide a built-in feature to dynamically change the X-axis based on the chart size.

Remember to replace `Week` in the expression with your week field `[Date.autoCalendar.Week]`.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Nethu_Rajapaksha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Sayed_Mannan Thank You.!