Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aresb
Creator
Creator

How to create a concatenate parameter?

Hi everyone,

i have the "year" column

2019,2020,2021..etc 

i have the "monthnum" column

1,2,3,4...etc

and also the "weeknum" column

1,2,3,...etc

I need a variable which concatenate year + (Monthnum or weeknum) depending on what the user like to see.

How can i achieve this?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The common way is to have a date within the fact-table which is then linked to a master-calendar which could contain as many period-fields as you need and in which way they are needed - strings + numeric and/or as dual() values. Important: as far as you need a <= or >= comparing or any kind of min/max-calculation or similar stuff the values needs to be numeric or dual. More background could you find here:

How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values - Qlik Community - 1495741

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe with something like: makedate(year, monthnum) as date

- Marcus

aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried but it doesnt solve my problem.
The user define if  he want to see "weekly" or "monthly view" via a variable that "expand" the dimension

aresb_0-1659533358561.png

or "Weekly"

aresb_1-1659533408685.png

any tips?

marcus_sommer

The common way is to have a date within the fact-table which is then linked to a master-calendar which could contain as many period-fields as you need and in which way they are needed - strings + numeric and/or as dual() values. Important: as far as you need a <= or >= comparing or any kind of min/max-calculation or similar stuff the values needs to be numeric or dual. More background could you find here:

How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values - Qlik Community - 1495741

- Marcus