How to create a concatenate parameter?

Hi everyone,

i have the "year" column

2019,2020,2021..etc 

i have the "monthnum" column

1,2,3,4...etc

and also the "weeknum" column

1,2,3,...etc

I need a variable which concatenate year + (Monthnum or weeknum) depending on what the user like to see.

How can i achieve this?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The common way is to have a date within the fact-table which is then linked to a master-calendar which could contain as many period-fields as you need and in which way they are needed - strings + numeric and/or as dual() values. Important: as far as you need a <= or >= comparing or any kind of min/max-calculation or similar stuff the values needs to be numeric or dual. More background could you find here:

How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values - Qlik Community - 1495741

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe with something like: makedate(year, monthnum) as date

- Marcus

aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried but it doesnt solve my problem.
The user define if  he want to see "weekly" or "monthly view" via a variable that "expand" the dimension

aresb_0-1659533358561.png

or "Weekly"

aresb_1-1659533408685.png

any tips?

marcus_sommer

The common way is to have a date within the fact-table which is then linked to a master-calendar which could contain as many period-fields as you need and in which way they are needed - strings + numeric and/or as dual() values. Important: as far as you need a <= or >= comparing or any kind of min/max-calculation or similar stuff the values needs to be numeric or dual. More background could you find here:

How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values - Qlik Community - 1495741

- Marcus