Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aresb
Creator
Creator

How to display previous month value not regarding current selection (YTD Table calculation) ?

Hi eveyrone,

i have this sheet where user can select a YearMonth date.
The problem is that i would like to show, regarding of the selection all the previous value for the measure, like a YTD calculation.

The measure i have setup is this, which excludes previous year selection, but mantain all the months of the year selected in the YearMonth dimension:

RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth= ,Year = p(Year) >} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo()))

Let me show with an example:

i have this table where i have selected yearmonth =  2023/03

aresb_2-1683016679751.png

As you can see, the table, shows me all the date in the 2023.

What i want:

if i select YearMonth = 2023/03 i would like to show something like this

aresb_3-1683016723834.png

Moreover, period is a dynamic field where user can select Weekly, Date, and Month and it's based on a variable and Rangesum will not work with only one row.

I've tried also YTD flag and set expression, but they are not likely to work if i keep the time dimension in the report.

How can i achieve it?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this 

RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth={"<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))}>} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo()))

aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

thank you!!

this one works, but it shows me even previous period like this:

aresb_0-1683020413725.png

i would like to show only 2023/03 rows

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this 

RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth={"=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))}>} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo()))

Or

sum({<YearMonth={"$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))}>} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v)

aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

this one will not work, it's a set expression which take in account only the select dimension in the filter.