Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmitryromanov23
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to display the correct number of IDs under a certain condition?

I have this problem. I have a table with the id of requests. Each request has a status. One request can be first given status "justified_warning" and later the same request can be given status "justified_repetition".

Dmitryromanov23_2-1681758075591.png

I need to display a text field that will count the number of requests by statuses for the selected period of time. For example, "justified - 5 requests, unjustifiably - 10 request, justified_warning - 10 requests".

The status justified consists of the sum of references with the statuses "justified_repetition" and "justified".

I need to make it so that when selecting a time range there is a count: If one request in this time range has both statuses ("justified_warning" and "justified_repetition"), then the request with the status "justified_warning" is not counted.

That is, in my example, when choosing February 2023, the result should be "justified - 5 requests, unjustifiably - 2 requests, justified_warning - 3 requests".
justified 5 = 4 justified + 1 justified_repetition
justified_warning 3 = 4 justified_warning - 1 (id 5 has "justified_repetition")

When selecting q1:
"justified - 8 requests, unjustifiably - 4 requests, justified_warning - 5 requests"

When selecting all data:
"justified - 10 requests, unjustifiably - 8 requests, justified_warning - 6 requests"

I only wrote code like this in the download to check if the ID has a "justified_warning" status and then has a "justified_repetition" status to get a new column with "0" for the "justified_repetition" status. And then work with that from there. But this is all on loading, and I need it to be done depending on time filters

LOAD
  id,
  status,
  If(status='justified_warning', id) as checkId,
  If(status='justified_repetition' and Exist('checkId',id)
    ,0 , 1) as new_column
From/resident...;

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@Dmitryromanov23  Yes. put below entire expression in text object

='justified : ' & count(distinct {<status={'justified','justified_repetition'}>}id) & chr(10) &
'unjustifiably : ' & count(distinct {<status={'unjustifiably'}>}id) & chr(10) &
'justified_warning : ' & count(distinct {<id= p({< status={'justified_warning'}>}id)*e({< status={'justified_repetition'}>}id) >}id)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@Dmitryromanov23  try below

Data:
LOAD
    id,
    status,
    "date",
    Quartal
FROM [lib://Files/statuses.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Лист1);

Load * Inline [
pick_status
justified
unjustifiably
justified_warning];

Create a table with below dimension and measure

Dimension:
pick_status

Measure:
=pick(match(pick_status,'justified','unjustifiably','justified_warning'),
count(distinct {<status={'justified','justified_repetition'}>}id),
count(distinct {<status={'unjustifiably'}>}id),
count(distinct {<id= p({< status={'justified_warning'}>}id)*e({< status={'justified_repetition'}>}id) >}id)
)
Dmitryromanov23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot, Kushal! 

It works correctly. But can it be done in text field?

Kushal_Chawda

@Dmitryromanov23  I did not get. What is text field? Do you mean using the same status field in data?

Dmitryromanov23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I mean, is it possible to output information not in a table, but in a "text &image" box?

Kushal_Chawda

@Dmitryromanov23  Yes. put below entire expression in text object

='justified : ' & count(distinct {<status={'justified','justified_repetition'}>}id) & chr(10) &
'unjustifiably : ' & count(distinct {<status={'unjustifiably'}>}id) & chr(10) &
'justified_warning : ' & count(distinct {<id= p({< status={'justified_warning'}>}id)*e({< status={'justified_repetition'}>}id) >}id)