Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vern2022
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to do Descriptive Statistics in Qlik Sense

Hi all,

How to do Descriptive Statistics in Qlik Sense? 

What I mean by Descriptive Statistics is to display Mean,  Standard Error, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Sample Variance, Kurtosis, Skewness, Range, Minimum, Maximum, Sum, Count in one table.

This is really easy to do in Excel. All you need to do is go to 'Data' tab on top ribbon. Then 'Data Analysis'. Then 'Descriptive Statistics'. You select the input and then output and that is it. Please see attached image to know what I mean.

Where do I find this feature in Qlik Sense?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, there's no native object / wizard for this in Qlik Sense (there's a Statistics Box in QlikView, but not in Sense). It should be relatively quick to set up your own object for it, though, since all the functions are available individually. If this is something you need regularly, you could set it up to take a dynamic measure (selected by the user) or set it up as your own extension if needed across multiple apps.

Note that if you are using Data Manager to load your data, you should be able to get basic statistics for a measure by checking its information, but as this is specific to Data Manager and only available during the load process, it's probably not what you had in mind.

Or_0-1681736319454.png