Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matias518
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to do a SUMIF function, based on two dimension dates

Hi this is my first post. I've got an issue, but can't seem to figure it out. There is something I can do in Excel, and trying to figure out how to do it in Qlik Sense.

I have a table like below:

codefcst_datesale_dateoffset_dateqty

Need YTD Sum Measure

(Desired Result should be this)

abc1231/1/20201/1/2020-3-0
abc1232/1/20202/1/2020-2-100
abc1233/1/20203/1/2020-1-190
abc1234/1/20204/1/20200-270
abc123Actual1/1/2020-1000
abc123Actual2/1/2020-900
abc123Actual3/1/2020-800

All the historical qty data does not have a fcst_date, (so table states "Actual") . I would like a running YTD total for qty but posted for the fcst_date rows only.

I'm trying to do a sum if like so and can get this to work in excel:

sum qty by sale_date if less than fcst_date.

In QLik sense I tried:

sum({$<sale_date= {"< fcst_date"} >}qty)

but I get all zeroes. I looked around in the forums, and I've seen Rangesum(above) , but I dont think I can use that as the real table is much more complicated than the above, and users can select individual sale_date / fcst_date which, I think would mess up the rangesum. 

Anyway, I could use some help. Thank You.

2 Replies
matias518
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've added a new field called offset_date, which I'm using in a MonthsStart expression (from 0 to -3 months), I also added an Aggr function. and I'm trying this below, but I get all zeroes:

Sum( total {$<sale_date={ "<$(= monthsStart(1,max(TOTAL{1}sale_date), offset_date) )"} >} aggr(sum(qty),code,sale_date))

If I replace offset_date above, with say -1, and I do get a value of 190 for all rows. But thats not what I need. I want each row to be calculated independently, based on the logic sum(If(start_date < fcst_date) as displayed in my main table above. But can't seem to figure out the proper way to write this expression.

matias518
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, I created a nested If statement that gives me the result I was looking for. But I've got to think that there is a better way.

if( offset_date = 0,
Sum( total {$<sale_date={ "<$(= monthsStart(1,max(TOTAL{1}sale_date), 0) )"} >} qty),
if( offset_date = -1,
Sum( total {$<sale_date={ "<$(= monthsStart(1,max(TOTAL{1}sale_date), -1) )"} >} qty),
if( offset_date = -2,
Sum( total {$<sale_date={ "<$(= monthsStart(1,max(TOTAL{1}sale_date), -2) )"} >} qty),
if( offset_date = -3,
Sum( total {$<sale_date={ "<$(= monthsStart(1,max(TOTAL{1}sale_date), -3) )"} >} qty)
))))

PS> reason I'm using monthsStart is that in the actual report, max(sale_date) could land with any date in the month.