Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ledi12
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to exclude fields in filter, based on values from another table?

Hi.

I have table with 3 dimensions which I use in filter, let's call them A,B, C

I also have another table in my data model with the same columns, but less data in it.

I need to compare table1 to table2 and exclude values from table2 which do not appear in table1. This values still need to be visible in filter pane, but disabled.

How can I accomplish it?

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I m not sure if I understand your issue? Are you trying to get a graph calculating the excluded dimensions?

That you can solve it by using set analysis

sum( {1-$} [ValueField])

Or do you only want to ignore the selections in field A, B and C? Then try this:

Sum( {<A,B,C>} [ValueField])

If none of these suggestions are helpful then please explain. Maybe you could provide a small sample where you explain your desired output?

ledi12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Vegar , thanks for your reply.

I will try to explain once again, what I need to achieve. As I said, I have 2 tables in my data model which contain the same columns but data inside them differ a little bit (table1 contains much more data than table2).

I have filter pane in my qlik app which is based on dimensions from table1. 

I also have button implemented which after click is supossed to modify this filter pane -> It should grey out the values which do not appear in table2 (grey out, not delete them - It is for customer information that only particular fields can be selected).

here is the mock what I need:

ledi12_0-1663582516442.png