Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcislo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to filter tables that are separated with the qualify '*'

Hello Qlik, I have a bit of a weird question. I needed to load my data in utilizing the qualify '*' unqualify '*' keyword. My tables look like table1.tabname and table2.tabname. Is there a way to filter both tables based on a single tabname a user would select? They both share common table names. I had to load them in this way because qlik kept auto deleting records it thought were duplicates. Let me know if you need more clarification. 

Labels (5)
3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You could filter both data model tables at the same time by adding a link between them?  But if you don't want the tables to associate this way you'd have to use SET analysis to apply the selection state of a field in another table with the same values against the field you are working with. 

There are a few variations of doing this in set analysis

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Analytics/set-analysis-take-selections-of-another-field/td...

gcislo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you! I will give it a try.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"I had to load them in this way because qlik kept auto deleting records it thought were duplicates. Let me know if you need more clarification. "

What do mean auto-deleting? Are you using the DISTINCT keyword in the load? Qualify creates all kinds of problems when you go to create charts. Maybe better to take a step back and see if we can help you with a solution that doesn't use qualify *;

-Rob