Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caiomartins
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to fix a measure in a specific period in a graph over time, while allowing dimension filters to be used

Hi everyone,

I currently have a graph that is number of issues remaining over time that looks as the below (but in Qlik)

However, issues remaining is calculated as Part A - Part B:

Part A - Count of issues, by department (when selecting filter) or aggregated without department filter, for each period 

Part B - Number of issues on period 1 (P1), by department (when selecting filter) or aggregated without department filter.

caiomartins_0-1658918227790.png

The problem is the formula breaks when it goes to P2, as Qlik doesn't part B, as that period only relates to P1. 

I thought about using a set expression to lock the part B on Period 1 regardless of the period shown on the graph, P2,P3,P4...

However, I haven't found a way of locking P1, while allowing the department filter to work, and the measure filter (as issues remaining is a variable name on a column called "Variable"). 

So I tried to re-write Part B as:

sum({$<Period=> * $<KPI={'Issues_Start'}> * $<[Department]>} Measure)

That didn't work. Still no Issues start showing for P2,P3,P4 and so on...

Could anyone help me here, please?

If that doesn't work, the only way around it I can think is to duplicate Issues_Start for every single period in the data, but that doesn't sound ideal. 

Thank you!

Labels (5)
1 Reply
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @caiomartins 

I think i would need to understand the data model a little more to assist.

Can you provide a sample?