Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Standly193
Contributor
Contributor

How to get sheet level section access in Qlik Cloud SaaS

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project that requires sheet level section access in Qlik SaaS. I've tried implementing section access at the application level, but that doesn't provide the granular access control that I need.

Is there a way to implement sheet level section access in Qlik SaaS? If so, could you please provide some guidance on how to achieve this? I've searched the Qlik documentation and forums, but I haven't found any clear instructions on how to do this.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Standly

Labels (4)
3 Replies
BenjaminT
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

One way to achieve this is to use the 'Show Condition' in the sheet properties, which allows you to conditionally show/hide the sheet.

You can make use of the OSUser() function to get the details of the logged in user.

Standly193
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @BenjaminT for your reply, Can you able to explain in details how to use it.

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

You can use Section Access for this.

Create a field in your app called [_ShowSheet] with an inline load, containing exactly one value.

noconcatenate
ShowSheets:
load _ShowSheet
inline [_ShowSheet
];

In the contional hide field of the sheet, write

if(count(total {1} [_ShowSheet])>0,1,0)

Then hide the field [_ShowSheet] for all users that should not see your sheet, using Section Access and the OMIT column.

When you publish the app, I recomend hiding the _ShowSheet-field. You can do that e.g. by adding a hide prefix to to your script.

set HidePrefix='_' ;

NB! If the sheet you want to hide contains sensitive information, that some users should not see, you also have to restrict the users access to the sensitive data. 

Please like and mark my answer as a solution, if it resolved your issue.