Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcoqlikism2019
Contributor
Contributor

How to keep on using Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi,
I've been using Qlik SEnse Desktop installed in my PC for 6 months and I was told that the license would last 2 years.
Now, at first page of Qlik Sense Desktop I read "Qlik Sense Desktop is Changing. Qlik Sense Desktop will no longer be free after June 30th 2020, because you can now get started faster and easier on any device in the cloud. Qlik Sense Desktop will continue to be supported as part of a Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment.
For more details, including how to get started in the cloud, please see qlik.com/QlikSenseDesktopChanges"
Does it mean that after that date I will no longer use it on my PC? At link qlik.com/QlikSenseDesktopChanges I've read that I could still use Qlik Sense Desktop for app development and/or offline access as part of a wider Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment but I must authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop against Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. How and where may I do it? Help me please!

Thanks in advance!
Mark

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You have heard is right, Qlik Sense Desktop is valid (free) till Jun 2020. After that, you won't be able to access it using your Qlik's ID. But if you have Qlik Sense Enterprise version (Licensed version) you can still use the Qlik Sense Desktop using the license of your Qlik Sense Enterprise.

If you do not have Qlik Sense Enterprise, you won't be able to use Desktop after that.  Instead, you can get a free account for Qlik Sense Business (Which is Qlik Sense on Cloud).

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!