Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelle22
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to keep x-axis on time series chart static while filtering?

Hi,

I'm creating a series of time series line charts ordered by week start (Monday). I would like to keep each week on the x-axis, regardless of if there is data or not. So, for example, my measure is:

=If(Count(distinct Value1&Value2)>0,Count(distinct Value1&Value2),0)

Which produces:

michelle22_1-1689937958532.png

However, when I filter by a category, the x-axis updates to only show dates with available data:

michelle22_2-1689938037437.png

Is there any way to fix this so that all week start dates are shown even if there is no data for that week when a filter is applied?

4 Replies
Lokesh_5045
Creator
Creator

Hi @michelle22 

Create a master calendar with Start and End dates available. Link your date field with master calendar. You will get all dates/weeks/months.

There are lot of master calendar codes/explanations available on websites/YouTube.

Sharing the link for your reference. There are multiple answers and you can select which ever is good for you.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/How-to-Create-Master-Calendar/td-p/103109

Thanks & Regards

michelle22
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your response. I did create a master calendar table for this purpose but it may be that I have done something wrong?

My script is below:

Temp:
LOAD
Min([Date]) as Mindate,
Max([Date]) as Maxdate
Resident [MyTable];

LET vmindate= Num(Peek('Mindate',0,'Temp'));
LET vmaxdate= Num(Peek('Maxdate',0,'Temp'));

DROP Table Temp;

Calendar:
LOAD
$(vmindate) + IterNo() -1 as Num,
Date($(vmindate) + IterNo() -1) as Date
AutoGenerate 1
While
($(vmindate) + IterNo() -1)<= $(vmaxdate);

Master_Cal:
LOAD  
Floor(Date) as [Date],
Month(Date) as [Month],
Year(Date) as [Year],
WeekStart(Date) as [Week Start]
Resident Calendar;

DROP Table Calendar;
Lokesh_5045
Creator
Creator

Have you suppressed null values in dimension or in presentation?

michelle22
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I've tried suppressing null values in the dimension, selecting "include zero values" in the data handling, and changing the missing values in Appearance to "show as gaps", "show as zeroes" and "show as connections".