Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anin
Contributor
Contributor

How to load tables with same schema for multiple tables without duplicating

Hi,

I have 3 tables containing different data regarding the employees. I have data for 4 different universities having the same schema for these tables. For example, University A , B, C, and D have these 3 tables and I want to load data in a way that I will be able to filter out data based on the University, is it possible to have a master table joining all the data?
The dept name in Table 3 helps in distinguishing between the universities. 
I can have 4 different tables to show data for different universities but I want to have one single table for all the data and then provide a user to put in either Emp_ID or other filters

Table 1:

Emp_ID Emp Name  Surname
F1 Rob Smith
F2 Levi Samson

Table 2: 

Emp_ID Emp_Dept Emp_Type
F1 D1 Full time
F2 D8 Intern

Table 3:

Emp_Dept Dept_Name Dept_Director
D1 (University_Name)Tech Mark
D8 (University_Name)HR Anthony

Final Table should have all the data from different university tables

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If you simply load these tables, as-is, Qlik will automatically concatenate tables with identical fields into a single table.

You can force this by using

Load * From Univ1.Table1;

Concatenate

Load * From Univ2.Table1;

etc. but this shouldn't actually be necessary.

Anin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Since all the tables have same structure , it is giving synthetic keys + duplicate data 

cristianj23a
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If it has the same structure, you can concatenate the tables and if they don't say the name of the university, create a new field where it says:

Table:
load *,
'University1' as University
desde....

Concatenate(Table):
load *,
'University2' as University
desde....

and so on, with that you join the tables and avoid the synthetic keys, if that is not the case, you can send more details to help you.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cristianjorge/
Do not forget to mark as "Accepted Solution" the comment that resolves the doubt.