Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User0
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to map two fields from different tables

Hi,

I have a field name 'State' which is present in two different tables.
In table A the 'state' field contains values in short form eg ' CA', and 'TX' , in the other table B the 'state' field contains values such as 'CALIFORNIA', TEXAS'.
How do I map these two together for my app?
Could you please help?

A.State B.State
CA California
TX Texas

Thankyou

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

There is no inherent way to convert short form states to long form states, but given that the list of states is fixed, you should be able to easily do this with a mapping load or join based on an inline table, or even just by loading it in itself (which will create a third table connecting A and B via state).

Load * Inline

[A.State, B.State

CA, California

TX, Texas]; // etc - just pull a list of states and abbreviations from online or from your database

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There is no inherent way to convert short form states to long form states, but given that the list of states is fixed, you should be able to easily do this with a mapping load or join based on an inline table, or even just by loading it in itself (which will create a third table connecting A and B via state).

Load * Inline

[A.State, B.State

CA, California

TX, Texas]; // etc - just pull a list of states and abbreviations from online or from your database

User0
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Or thankyou!