Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JP8
Contributor
Contributor

How to merge Values of a Dimension in a Qlik Sense

I am new to Qlik Sense and I have a query that  I am trying to merge a dimensions with same name and I am facing difficulty in combining my rows. I have attached a picture.

JP8_0-1678176919012.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

I think, it has some spaces at the end, might be, try with Trim() function once in Hashtags field like

Load Trim(Hashtags) as Hashtags

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
draghici1109
Creator
Creator

Hello,

it is not clear for me, what you really want to achieve. Do you want the list of values for hashtags with unique values, like a kind of SELECT DISTINCT hashtags?

Alexandru Draghici
BICC at Komm.ONE
JP8
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am trying to say that there a multiple values like 'Qlik' is repeated three times and I want to appear 'Qlik' one time and count how much times 'Qlik'  is Repeated.

Or
MVP
MVP

What you are describing is how Qlik behaves by default. If this is the not the case for you, the most likely reason is that those values aren't not actually identical - perhaps they contain whitespaces or special characters. Try trimming the values and/or using Keepchar/Purgechar as appropriate.

Load * Inline [
Field
Qlik
Qlik
Qlik
Foo
Bar
Fnord
Fnord
];

Or_0-1678178055151.png

nika05
Contributor
Contributor

Everything Alberto and Marco from SQL BI say is 100% correct. Separate fact tables is the move. I'll often build a common dimension table as a union from the facts. If there is a downside to this, I haven't experienced it yet.

JP8
Contributor
Contributor
Author

JP8_1-1678254533735.png

Sir I  am receiving output like this and I want to display the repeated value once in a table. Is that possible 

MayilVahanan

Hi

I think, it has some spaces at the end, might be, try with Trim() function once in Hashtags field like

Load Trim(Hashtags) as Hashtags

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
JP8
Contributor
Contributor
Author

JP8_0-1678256911157.png

Yes Definitely  it Worked thanks. Thanks For Helping.

MayilVahanan

Happy to hear that and also, its my 1000th solutions too 😉