Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronman10
Creator
Creator

How to show value and % in a stacked bar in qlik sense

Hi Guys,

I have created a stacked bar in qlik sense and want to see the values as well as % share for the different segments in the stack. How do I achieve this? Please advise.

Regards,

Rony

42 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you could use https://www.vizlib.com/barchart/

it's a certified extension free up to 5 users.

If i well remember it has a custom tooltip where you can display also your second measure.

I hope it can helps.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You don't need to put Product in the expression. If your dimensions are Year and Product and measure is Sum([Sales Volume]), then Sum([Sales Volume])/Sum(TOTAL <Year> [Sales Volume]) will give you a share of sales of products within that year (i.e. Sales for 2018 = 100%, Sales of Product1 in 2018 = 20%, Sales of Product2 in 2018 = 80%).

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Juraj,

This worked. Thanks.

Regards,

Rony

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrea,

I will try this and get back to you. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Rony

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Zhandos,

I believe this expression would go in "Custom Number Formatting" in measures. I am entering the expression as is but it does not seem to be working. My dimension is product and measure is volume. Could you please give me the exact expression? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rony

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

if(DS/TS='PercentValue', Num(Volume, '0.0 %'), Volume)

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Zhandos,

I am not able to get this. Please help.

Regards,

Rony

Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ok!

I reveiwed your comments and i think understand what you want.

You Can hint both value and % share on stacked bars on every segment!

But it will be shown only if you move mouse to segment as a hint. Because standart barchart show directly only total values of bar.

The decision is color expression for segments. It will be shown as second value.

Безымянный.png

So here is my file.

Hope it is your solution.

P/S: Sorry, my english is not good.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Juraj,

I just applied this formula (Sum([Sales Volume])/Sum(TOTAL <Year> [Sales Volume]) to a line chart but there is some issue here. I have data from 2014-2018. What is happening here is the share of sales for Product A for the year 2014 is being calculated over the total sales from 2014-2018, for all products i.e, (Product A volume 2014/ All products volume from 2014-2018). I hope my explanation is clear. Could you please help and let me know where I am going wrong?

Regards,

Rony

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rony,

Is [Year] your dimension? If not, you need to adjust the expression accordingly.

Juraj