Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anubis89
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to split data by timestamps

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue I've not been capable to turn around.

My data comes aggregated from DB in different timestamp buckets according to its aging (Daily, Hourly and 15Min buckets) but the output/look for analysis in a Line Chart is not the desired one from the user perspective.

For instance if the time-base for the chart is in days it is fine... issue starts when user wants to view in hourly basis: 15min values are aggregated to hours (no prob) but daily data should appear split by hours and values divided by 24 (hours in a day); worsens when the user wants to see the time frame in 15min buckets... Daily data should be distributed in 96 samples of time and hourly in 4, by each record.

the idea is to make the line smoother and align values to the time frame in analysis as in continuous axis the look of it can be deceptive and give wrong interpretations on possible issues.

What is the best way to manage this without duplicating values in script has the all data have some millions of records?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Try

The Master Time Table

or

https://community.qlik.com/thread/269364

or

How to aggregate data hours,minutes,second wise in qlikview

Search in community for Data by minutes?

Or provide a sample in XL and expected output?

anubis89
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Shahbaz,

I have sorted it out.

The issue was the way I was managing source dates, I was already using a Date/Time Calendar.

Thanks for the tip anyway