Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giansonn
Creator
Creator

How to store a number from one set expression to use in a different set expression?

I am currently building a chart that excludes some dates as follows:

count({$<stock_date={"<=$(=date(($(=varMaxDate)-week_number),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} scan_id)
/ count({<stock_date={"<=$(=date(($(=varMaxDate)-week_number),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} total <Category> scan_id)

The equation results as a percentage, and it is on a chart where week_number is on the x-axis. However this expression doesn't work since when we use total the week_number could be any one. Is there a way to take week number from the first expression and use it in the total expression?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hi @Giansonn ,

Would this be something you could calculate in the script and save into a variable?

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
Kushal_Chawda

Replace total <Category>  with total <WeekNumber>  

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

@Wlad_Masi unfortunately no I dont think that there is a way, especially with trying to retain filtering.

@Kushal_Chawda Unfortunately that would not work because I want all the data but I want to use a restriction based on the current x-axis value. Unfortunately when you use total you can no longer refer to the categorical variable in an expression since it uses all of the categories.

Kushal_Chawda

so try including weeknumber as well in total  like total <Category,WeekNumer> or try below expression

sum(total <WeekNumber>aggr(count({<stock_date={"<=$(=date(($(=varMaxDate)-week_number),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} scan_id),Category,WeekNumber))

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

Super kudos for trying but I don't think now that this is possible.

The chart has been deleted now but I have a copy of it stored so if a solution ever does become available I will let you guys know.

Thanks for all your help.