Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marisa
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to use a Set Analysis result as the n-value of AddYears function

I want to use the AddYears function in a dimension (column of a table), but not with a static n-value that indicate the years to add or subtract.

One of the Columns indicate the Depreciation Year. In order to indicate the depreciation years I had to do the following: AGGR(ONLY ({<[Attribute Code]={'DEPRECIATION YEARS'}>} [Attribute Value]),[Asset Code]))  this provides a number, e.g. 4

I now what to use that value in another column to indicate the Remaining Depreciation Year. I wanted to do the following: AddYears([Commissioned On Date] , AGGR(ONLY ({<[Attribute Code]={'DEPRECIATION YEARS'}>} [Attribute Value]),[Asset Code])) . This does however not work. 

When I do the following:  AddYears([Commissioned On Date] , 4) I get the answer I am looking for, but the n-value of the AddYears value will be dynamic for each Asset that is in the table.

Thanks is advance

Marisa

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

What about creating a variable with you mesure to calculate the depreciate year 

And then use this variable in your addyear mesure 

variable : 

vDepreciate_Year = AGGR(ONLY ({<[Attribute Code]={'DEPRECIATION YEARS'}>} [Attribute Value]),[Asset Code]))

mesure : 

AddYears([Commissioned On Date] ,$(vDepreciate_Year ) )

Hope it helps 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

What about creating a variable with you mesure to calculate the depreciate year 

And then use this variable in your addyear mesure 

variable : 

vDepreciate_Year = AGGR(ONLY ({<[Attribute Code]={'DEPRECIATION YEARS'}>} [Attribute Value]),[Asset Code]))

mesure : 

AddYears([Commissioned On Date] ,$(vDepreciate_Year ) )

Hope it helps 

Marisa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that now, but I am still not getting an answer. 

Marisa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much. At first it did not work, but that was because the Depreciate_Year was seen as text and not a number. I just added num# in front of it and it work.

Thanks again

Marisa