cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raval
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ignore Selection doesn't Work.

I have a  field Called [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month].

there is one chart on which we want to ignore selection of this field. So i have written below expression and it is working fine.

fAbs((sum({<[CREATED_DATE-Year-Month]=,PARTNO=,DESCRIPTION=>} [FA_QTY_FUNC] * [AVERAGE_PRICE])
/
SUM({<[CREATED_DATE-Year-Month]=,PARTNO=,DESCRIPTION=>} CONSUME_LTM_AMOUNT))*365)

But my issue is, we have used my date filed as "=(date([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month], 'MMM-YYYY')) " in another graph and if user selection month and year directly from that graph than selection is impacting my current graph.

THanks in advance.

6 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @Raval ,

What about the field values selected ?

Raval
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply,

I didnt get you.
I want My graph should not get changed based on selection. and for that i have put

"[CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] =" in set analysis and it is working fine. but another chart is having DAte([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] ,'YYYY-MMM') as dimension and someone is selecting month from that graph.. then my current chart getting filtered based on the selection.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Understood.
What's the field name and values selected by the user in that chart ?

Is the [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] a date field (mm-dd-yyyy) ?

Please be sure the field name selected in that chart is [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month].

Raval
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] is Date, filed but the format is "YYYY-MM".

when i selected it from filter list box it selects value as below.. and in this case my chart doesn't get impacted.

Raval_0-1714640534803.png

But when user select month year from another graph where i have put dimension as "Date([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month],'YYYY-MMM')". the selection appear as below and in this case my graph get impacted by selection.

Raval_1-1714640649198.png

And my requirement is, my chart should not get filtered based on any month selection neither from Filter list box nor from another chart selection.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

It seems to be different fieldnames.
Could you share the app to look at?

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Given the varying format, why not directly generate Date([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month],'YYYY-MMM') within the script and apply filtering based on this derived name in the expression.