Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raval
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ignore Selection doesn't Work.

I have a  field Called [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month].

there is one chart on which we want to ignore selection of this field. So i have written below expression and it is working fine.

fAbs((sum({<[CREATED_DATE-Year-Month]=,PARTNO=,DESCRIPTION=>} [FA_QTY_FUNC] * [AVERAGE_PRICE])
/
SUM({<[CREATED_DATE-Year-Month]=,PARTNO=,DESCRIPTION=>} CONSUME_LTM_AMOUNT))*365)

But my issue is, we have used my date filed as "=(date([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month], 'MMM-YYYY')) " in another graph and if user selection month and year directly from that graph than selection is impacting my current graph.

THanks in advance.

6 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @Raval ,

What about the field values selected ?

Raval
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply,

I didnt get you.
I want My graph should not get changed based on selection. and for that i have put

"[CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] =" in set analysis and it is working fine. but another chart is having DAte([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] ,'YYYY-MMM') as dimension and someone is selecting month from that graph.. then my current chart getting filtered based on the selection.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Understood.
What's the field name and values selected by the user in that chart ?

Is the [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] a date field (mm-dd-yyyy) ?

Please be sure the field name selected in that chart is [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month].

Raval
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes [CREATED_DATE-Year-Month] is Date, filed but the format is "YYYY-MM".

when i selected it from filter list box it selects value as below.. and in this case my chart doesn't get impacted.

Raval_0-1714640534803.png

But when user select month year from another graph where i have put dimension as "Date([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month],'YYYY-MMM')". the selection appear as below and in this case my graph get impacted by selection.

Raval_1-1714640649198.png

And my requirement is, my chart should not get filtered based on any month selection neither from Filter list box nor from another chart selection.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

It seems to be different fieldnames.
Could you share the app to look at?

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Given the varying format, why not directly generate Date([CREATED_DATE-Year-Month],'YYYY-MMM') within the script and apply filtering based on this derived name in the expression.