Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjamin_naujoks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Ignore all selections except one

Hej Community,

I have a question about ignoring everything except one selection.

In QlikView there was the possibility in Set Analysis to do this.  The function was something like this:

sum({1<date= $:: date>} Sales)

So every Sales would be summed up which has been in the days.

I know there is also a function like ' date =p(date)' but this isn't working for me, because I have some data which should divided up even if they are not in this days.

Hope you know something similar to '=$::'   or you can help me.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Labels (3)
8 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

sum({1<date= $:: date>} Sales)

So every Sales would be summed up which has been in the days.

I know there is also a function like ' date =p(date)' but this isn't working for me, because I have some data which should divided up even if they are not in this days.

what do you mean by which has been in the days? 

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to elaborate with an example?

benjamin_naujoks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

for example....I have cost within a duration of 6 month....then I want to figure out all the cost when every selection is disabled except the date. take all the cost for this duration, make a variables out of this and divided it by all the products...something like this. 

And good example is what is written here:

https://qliktech.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-12724 

benjamin_naujoks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

It's something like this here:

https://qliktech.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-12724

If this isn't concrete enough, I try to make it something easier with pictures:

Here are some screenshots:

I have a formular which is:

=(sum({1<[%Eindeutiger_Monat] = p([%Eindeutiger_Monat]), [Mite_Daten.billable] = {'true'}>} Mite_Daten.minutes)/60)

in QlikView I could do it with  [%Eindeutiger_Monat] =$:: ([%Eindeutiger_Monat] instead of

[%Eindeutiger_Monat] = p([%Eindeutiger_Monat], but this doesn't work for sense.

When I just look at all the customers(in my case) I see the value 80561,3, which is correct but when I filter at some customers, the value is different because then qlik takes only the (possible) sum of the months, where the company was "active". 

Best regards

Benjamin

sunny_talwar

This should work in Sense and View the same way... have you tried this?

=(Sum({1<[%Eindeutiger_Monat] = $::[%Eindeutiger_Monat], [Mite_Daten.billable] = {'true'}>} Mite_Daten.minutes)/60)

Make sure to not have a ( between $:: and your field name

image.png

benjamin_naujoks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry, this was only a copy paste mistake:

My function is without the (

(sum({1<[%Eindeutiger_Monat] =$:: [%Eindeutiger_Monat], [Mite_Daten.billable] = {'true'}>} Mite_Daten.minutes)/60)

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see that this isn't working?

benjamin_naujoks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hej Sunny_talwar,

I build an easy app to share it with you and figured out, that it is possible in Qlik Sense, but also different.

The code is the same than in QlikView, I only need to take another filter.

QlikView:

In my case it was clear month (e.g. 02-2018....05-2018) and this was connected to a calender. I could choose months and years and the formular worked.

(sum({1<%Eindeutiger_Monat =$::%Eindeutiger_Monat,Mite_Daten.billable = {'true'} >} Mite_Daten.minutes)/60)

QlikSense:

I tried the same in Qlik Sense

Somehow it doen't work when I choose a month or a year as a selection, but if I choose directly "%Eindeutiger_Monat" it worked.

So now I changed the formular to this:

(sum({1<[Kalender.Jahr] =$::[Kalender.Jahr],[Kalender.Monat] =$::[Kalender.Monat],Mite_Daten.billable = {'true'} >} Mite_Daten.minutes)/60)  and it works now with my selections.