Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashwinyp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore selections in one field in set analysis

Hi,

I am having 3 filters in my sheet - Geography, industry type and Quarter-Year.

I am trying to create a Measure in a Table which counts the number of applications only in Q1 2019. I do not want this measure to get affected by selections made in "Quarter-Year" filter. However, I need it to get filtered by Geography and industry type (Geography is created as a drilldown dimension).

I have tried Count( { <qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'} > } app) but this gets affected when anything else is selected in the "Quarter-Year" filter. Please help!

15 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi sunny 

Yes I have tested  it 

regards 

mahaver 

mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

yup sunny i have tested it , its working fine 

sunny_talwar

If you say so, but I don't think it is doing what you think it is doing... it might be working in this case because qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'} is going to ignore selections in qtr_year field.... can you try this to see if it still works

Count({<qtr_year, qtr_year *= {'Q1_2019'}>} app)
sunny_talwar

This is because you are not ignore selection in your if statement... try something like this

If(Only({<qtr_year>} qtr_year) <> 'Q_',

I am assuming that this is not a calculated dimension but something you use in your expression, right? 

Ashwinyp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was using that expression in the qtr_year filter because I did not want it to show 'Q_' in the dropdown.

It does not work if I use 

If(Only({<qtr_year>} qtr_year) <> 'Q_', qtr_year) in the filter. It shows invalid dimension.

mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

if you want to hide 'Q_' value from qtr_year dimension in filter use like below,

if(qtr_year<>'Q_',qtr_year)