Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maury_19
Partner - Contributor III

Installation of Qlik Sense Desktop

Hello, I had problems installing Qlik Sense Desktop version May 2022. Attached is the log file: can someone help me? ... Thanks, Maurizio Rosazza

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @Maury_19,

I've checked and found the below error, seems to be a permission issue:

MSI (s) (FC:74) [14:03:13:828]: Product: Qlik Sense Desktop -- Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Users\rosazzam\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Engine\QVConnect64.exe.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Users\rosazzam\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Engine\QVConnect64.exe.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @Maury_19,

I've checked and found the below error, seems to be a permission issue:

MSI (s) (FC:74) [14:03:13:828]: Product: Qlik Sense Desktop -- Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Users\rosazzam\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Engine\QVConnect64.exe.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Users\rosazzam\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Engine\QVConnect64.exe.  System error 0.  Verify that you have access to that directory.

Maury_19
Author

I think I have access ... I can access the directory ...

Maury_19_0-1652362589591.png

I try to delete these 3 .exe ???

Maury_19
Author

Resolved!
Installed as Administrator and everything was fine.
Thank you all.
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @Maury_19,

That was a permission issue indeed. For Qlik Products you need always to run them with Admin rights:

Security: Local admin privileges needed to install.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/install...

Regards,

Benoit