Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarcombe_curia
Contributor II
Contributor II

Installed Patch August 2023 - Now all users login as adminstrator

Hello

We have just upgraded to August 23 patch but now everytime we log in we log in as administrator not as our user accounts. I have set up a virtual proxy form in the mean time but I need to reset all of the developers configurations so that they can log in as themselves.

Without changing the browser security on Edge (it can't be changed anyway as our configuration is locked by pc support) or logging on in anonymous mode, how can I reset the user so it doesn't log in as admin.

Thanks

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @clarcombe_curia ,

do you mean that users have rootadmin permissions? Or that they login with the wrong account, as I understand? Exactly, which user gets logged in? A local admin user on the server, a domain admistrator, the account used to run the services?
Which authentication method are you using?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
clarcombe_curia
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The administrator is a local user on the Qlik server as are all the other users. We are not using active directory but have created local users for all the devs and admins.

They automatically log in as administrator whereas before they'd automatically log in as their local user on the Qlik server 

Before the patch it would automatically log us in as our user BUS_DEV_<name> eg. BUS_DEV_COLIN. Now its administrator

Strangely,firefox prompts for the user id but not edge. But all the devs use edge.

When I connect to the qlik server it prompts me for my user under chrome

All very strange!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks for the info!
How do the Developers use Edge? 

• do they remote desktop to the server and use Edge there?
  • do they use Edge on their own computer and connect over the network to the server?

Thanks!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
clarcombe_curia
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We use Edge on our own laptops and connect to the server that way. Note that the server names are not in the DNS and so we connect using the IP address e.g. https://10.10.10.10/hub

Laptops

Edge - Logs in as administrator

Chrome - Fails to connect

Firefox - Allows user to enter own credentials

Server

Chrome - Allows user to enter own credentials

Edge and Firefox not installed

Thanks

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks @clarcombe_curia !
Please, start a chat with support mentioning this discussion, so that we can get into the full details. Thanks!

clarcombe_curia
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Daniele, Do you mean my support provider or support here on the forum ?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @clarcombe_curia , if you have a support provider for Qlik products, start with them first.
Otherwise you can reach us at https://community.qlik.com/t5/support/ct-p/qlikSupport