Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radmin5253
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to create a list of dimensions in a spreadsheet

I am trying to create a list of dimensions using formulas stored in a spreadsheet for various time periods such as last 7 days, last 10 days, last 14 days, last 30 days, etc.

Then use this data in a filter so that I can filter the data in an application, I can get the formulas to work as separate variables but would like to have a pull down menu where the user can choose.

Here are the variables that I am using

If( Num(Date) >= ($(CurrentDate)-7), 1) as _LAST_7D,
     If( Num(Date) >= ($(CurrentDate)-10), 1) as _LAST_10D,
     If( Num(Date) >= ($(CurrentDate)-14), 1) as _LAST_14D

But was hoping to do this is a spreadsheet and use the header as the dimension name and leave off the as _ part of the formula and while it sort of works it shows the formula as the dimension value instead of a useful name.

Spreadsheet looks like this

My_FormulaMy_Name
If( Num(Date) >= ($(CurrentDate)-7), 'Last 7 Days')Last_7_Days
If( Num(Date) >= ($(CurrentDate)-14), 'Last 14 Days')Last_14_Days
If( Num(Date) >= ($(CurrentDate)-21), 'Last 21 Days')Last_21_Days

So if everything worked I could use the My_Name dimension and execute the My_Formula portion. Not sure this is possible but if it can be done it would be real cool.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
zzyjordan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,
If it is just for display purpose, you can use valuelist('Last_7_Days','Last_14_Days').
but if you need use it as filter, you need reshape your data in the load script.

ZZ
radmin5253
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This looks very promising the demo application seems to work exactly how I was imaging now just need to review the code and understand it, then implement in my application.