Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any extension that allows you to hide or display only relevant values in a list box, based on the selection in another list box ?

Hi all,

I am trying to hide the values that are not relevant in a list box, based on another selection. For example, if I select  'UK' in countries list box ..the  cities list box should display 'London' etc. Is there a way to do it ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Gautham

7 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

As long as I know this the the regular Qlik (view or sense) behaviour if your two fields are linked in some way

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Currently, the non-relevant items are greyed out. I want to hide them from the list, so that the users don't see them.

Capture.JPG

OmarBenSalem

create a simple list box as follow:

=aggr(Only({<Region=p(Region)>}Country),Country)

with this, when u select a region, only countries associated to the selected region will appear in the list box.

example:

Capture.PNG

try it and tell me if this answered ur question !

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Gautham,

You can do this by using a calculated dimension - you don't need an extension.  If the dimension is City then the expression woudl be:

=aggr(only({<City= P(City)>}City),City)

-Josh

Qlik

2018-01-08 13_36_03-Is there any extension that allows you to hide ... _ Qlik Community.png

2018-01-08 13_36_23-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

OmarBenSalem

I've already answered with the same thing; don't u think?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Oh, yes you did! I started my response and got distracted before hitting submit.

Apologies,

Josh

OmarBenSalem

gauthamboppana , havn't this answered ur question?