Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IsNull Function

The chart that I have generated is displayed as follows. This is as a result of association where there was no value for this field against the customer number originating from another source.

I understand that if I apply IsNull function to it, these records should return true.

Example. I have derived a new field in chart with expression:

If(IsNull[Reporting Date], 'Yes,'No')       //* Ignore the field name in expression to chart shown *//

When I apply this, I get 'No' correctly wherever Reporting Date had valid values. But I am not getting a 'Yes' where Reporting Date was displaying as ' - '.  Instead I get the same value '-' displayed in derived field.  Could you please help me with this or explain why is this happening?

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The expression will work no matter what format you will use

• If(IsNull[Reporting Date], 'No,'Yes') or
  • If(IsNull([Reporting Date])=-1,'No','Yes')

That is basicly the same thing, so do not get cought with reviewing expressions - they both ok.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

It was a typo. I have used it correctly.