Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanKelly
Contributor III
Contributor III

Joining multiple data tables together

Hi,

I have 3 data inputs on my sheet that is pulling data from excel sheets on a sharepoint. Across all three there are 'Recieved Date', 'Outcome' and 'Name' columns. 

I need all three to be connected to each other, I understand i could make the date field into a master calendar? Is this thinking correct and if so how would i go about doing so? As for the other two if I implement the 'AS' function in the load script for one each individually, 'Name' or 'Outcome' the output values are correct  but once up and running I am unable input the other without the values failing or not calculating correctly. 

My data is in a pivot table if this affects it due to the nature of the layout I'm after as I have been unable to recreate this in table format. 

Thank you

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, if there is any field that links the tables by a unique key, this is that relates each row with the related rows of the other tables, you only need those fields in one of the tables, at least if they have the same value/logic.

In example, if you have a Customers and a Products table, both with a 'Name' field maybe the best option is to rename fields: one "Customer Name" and another "Product Name". But if the values are the same in all 3 tables only keep the fields only in one table and delete (or comment) the other fields.

If there is no key between tables you can create a domposite key that relates all, something like:

[Recieved Date] &'_'& Outcome &'_'& Name as KeyField //Just an example, maybe ou need other fields

Create this key field in all 3 tables to relate the tables, and then you can keep the single fields in only one table.

About the calendar, here is a quite old example of how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_ITfvCnHw

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, if there is any field that links the tables by a unique key, this is that relates each row with the related rows of the other tables, you only need those fields in one of the tables, at least if they have the same value/logic.

In example, if you have a Customers and a Products table, both with a 'Name' field maybe the best option is to rename fields: one "Customer Name" and another "Product Name". But if the values are the same in all 3 tables only keep the fields only in one table and delete (or comment) the other fields.

If there is no key between tables you can create a domposite key that relates all, something like:

[Recieved Date] &'_'& Outcome &'_'& Name as KeyField //Just an example, maybe ou need other fields

Create this key field in all 3 tables to relate the tables, and then you can keep the single fields in only one table.

About the calendar, here is a quite old example of how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_ITfvCnHw