Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValKorel
Contributor III
Contributor III

KPI show data if a filter is selected

Hi, 

I have the following table as example:

DATE SEGMENT UNIT PRODUCT AMOUNT
30/06/2024 RETAIL AAA XXXX 200
30/06/2024 MICRO AAA YYYY 300
30/06/2024 SME AAA ZZZZ 100
30/06/2024 MIDCO AAA ZZZZ 400
30/06/2024 RETAIL BBB XXXX 700
30/06/2024 MICRO BBB XXXX 800
30/06/2024 SME BBB YYYY 900

I want in a KPI to show values only for RETAIL segment regardless what I select in a filter pane, except when I select the UNIT I want to show me the RETAIL amount for the selected unit. Now my problem is that when I select MIDCO as segment and BBB as unit in the filter pane the RETAIL data is not shown for the selected unit.

I used the following expression:

Sum({1<DATA_RAP={'$(=Max(DATA_RAP))'}, SEGMENT=, SEGMENT={'SME'}, PRODUCT=,UNIT=P(UNIT)>} AMOUNT)

This is happening only on the unit that do not have all the segment and appeared only if I select a segment that is not in the unit.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ValKorel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Your formula seems to work well if I made this change:

Sum({1<UNIT= $::UNIT, SEGMENT_FINAL = {'RETAIL'}, DATA_RAP = {">=$(=Max(DATA_RAP))"}>} AMOUNT)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Padma123
Creator
Creator

Try This..

sum({1<SEGMENT={'RETAIL'},UNIT=$::UNIT>}AMOUNT)

Kushal_Chawda

@ValKorel  I think easy way is to exclude selection of all the required field in set except unit like below

=sum({<DATA_RAP={'$(=Max({1}DATA_RAP))'},SEGMENT={'RETAIL'},PRODUCT=,DATE=>}AMOUNT)

ValKorel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It doesn't work because when I select the unit it calculate the sum of total RETAIL for both units.

ValKorel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is not working.

Kushal_Chawda

@ValKorel  Don't understand what is not working and what is expectation. If you exclude the selections of the fields in set as highlighted in RED it will not affect the result except UNIT. Do not include Segment & Unit in exclusion.

ValKorel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I changed the formula as follow:

Sum({1<UNIT= p(UNIT), DATA_RAP = {'$(=Max(DATA_RAP))'}, UNIT= $::UNIT>} If(SEGMENT= 'RETAIL', AMOUNT))

It work fine, regardless what segment I select but if I select a PRODUCT like 'ZZZZ' the Retail amount is changed. It seems to be the same problem but at product level.

ValKorel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Your formula seems to work well if I made this change:

Sum({1<UNIT= $::UNIT, SEGMENT_FINAL = {'RETAIL'}, DATA_RAP = {">=$(=Max(DATA_RAP))"}>} AMOUNT)