Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Keep exhaustive date data through filter

Hello,

I am using Qlik Sense to represent the unavailability of some applications and who is responsible for the unavailability.

I therefore plot a graph with months in X axis,  and in Y, the total unavailability time. There are stacked bars, each representing a department who is responsible for the unavailability time.

I wanted to show the unavailability for 2019 S2, so I have a date picker that selects the range from Jul. 1st to Dec. 31st. 

Everything works fine so far.

Now I have a filter drop-down with applications. If I filter on one application, and let's say that application has had no unavailability in october, the october bar will simply not show. 

How can I fix this to show a bar for october with a value of 0 ?

I do not want to create 0 values for every day for every single one of my 300+ Apps ; and I haven't been successful in implementing a 0 value for every day I'd show in the graphs.

The "show null values" box under the month dimension is ticked, but nothing changes.

I have a master calendar with exhaustive dates, and the month dimension is declared in the calendar. The fact table has an "application name", a "date of unavailability", and one column for every responsible with the duration of the unavailability as value. 

Why don't the 0 value months show as 0 ?!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
BinayKumarSah
Contributor III
Contributor III

just idea try something like this -
WHERE Date(Floor("DATE")) >= MakeDate(2017,01,01) and Date(Floor("DATE")) <= MakeDate(yyyy,mm,dd)
Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I don't see either where to put this nor how it would help 😕

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I edited the question to clarify the situation.