Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prithika
Contributor III
Contributor III

LINE CHART

i am new to this so pls help me

i have attendance dataset for 2 days separately which contains student name, student roll no, course, institute, year department, attendance status(Present, absent), date, study type(day scholar, hosteller), punch time, gender, punch device place.

and i have to create a dashboard in single sheet.

I am going to use line chart, what should i put in the 

line(dimension):

height of the line(measure):

from above field values.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chirantha
Support
Support

Hello Prithika,

The dimension is always on the x-axis, and the measures are always on the y-axis. In a line chart, you need at least one dimension and one measure. You can include up to two dimensions and one measure, or one dimension and up to 15 measures in a line chart

You could use the `date` field as the dimension for the x-axis of your line chart. For the measure (height of the line), you could use a count of the number of students with an attendance status of "Present" or "Absent" for each date. This would allow you to see trends in attendance over time.

To create a line chart in Qlik Sense, you can do the following:

1. From the assets panel, drag an empty line chart to the sheet.
2. Click `Add dimension` and select a dimension or a field (in this case, `date`).
3. Click `Add measure` and select a measure or create a measure from a field (in this case, you could create a measure using the `count` function to count the number of students with an attendance status of "Present" or "Absent" for each date).

Please refer to this documentation on line charts for more information on this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chirantha
Support
Support

Hello Prithika,

The dimension is always on the x-axis, and the measures are always on the y-axis. In a line chart, you need at least one dimension and one measure. You can include up to two dimensions and one measure, or one dimension and up to 15 measures in a line chart

You could use the `date` field as the dimension for the x-axis of your line chart. For the measure (height of the line), you could use a count of the number of students with an attendance status of "Present" or "Absent" for each date. This would allow you to see trends in attendance over time.

To create a line chart in Qlik Sense, you can do the following:

1. From the assets panel, drag an empty line chart to the sheet.
2. Click `Add dimension` and select a dimension or a field (in this case, `date`).
3. Click `Add measure` and select a measure or create a measure from a field (in this case, you could create a measure using the `count` function to count the number of students with an attendance status of "Present" or "Absent" for each date).

Please refer to this documentation on line charts for more information on this.