Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III

Make analysis on the excluded from a selection

Hi community!

Today I'm investigating about the selections in an app.

The goal is to have a kind of analysis on excluded values.

Qlik Sense tells us everything about the selected items in a viz, but (it is my limit clearly) I cannot make it to tell me something about the excluded values.

I'm bringing an example.

I'm working on a group of products, sold (or not) in places, and each places belongs to a brand (brandoftheplace).

I can see that product 3, for example, is sold only in the 25% of the places. To see which places are not selling 3 is very simple, thanks to the power of grey, i.e. the dark grey places are not selling the product 3.

But I cannot see to which brandoftheplace the excluded 75% of the places belong, each one (clearly in this example is rather simple, but let's think in bigger contexts).

So the question is: how can I analyze (in this case find the brandoftheplace) the excluded values? Maybe a table that makes me see only the excluded? If so, how?

I do not know it's clear, but I'm attaching an app with all the data, viz and other things, hoping it helps.

Thanks in avance

EDIT: Attached app with something added after some hints.

EDIT: Attached new app modified.

13 Replies
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've found that a great result should be a simple filter or table that, when you select a product, shows the place where the product is not sold (i.e. the dark grey in Qlik). Exactly the opposite of the usual Qlik.

I've tried several formula and idea, and I think it should be managed with dimension, because measures say "blank" or "null" where the product is not sold, in a way that I've not found how to make it usable.

Any idea?

sarahplymale
Creator
Creator

I have added a sheet that I think does something like you are looking for to your sample (attached).  This will show a table when you pick a particular product that contains only the places where that product is not sold.

I am using the measure below which will show 1 if the selected product is not sold in that place:

sum( {$< product =,

place = E({1<product={$(= chr(39) & if(GetSelectedCount(product), GetFieldSelections(product)) &chr(39))} >}) >} 1 )

I then further added a calculation condition so that the table won't show if you have more than 1 product picked.

You have to select the products one by one for this to work.

Best,

Sarah

sarahplymale
Creator
Creator

Even better to use:

only( {$< product =,

place = E({1<product={$(= chr(39) & if(GetSelectedCount(product), GetFieldSelections(product)) &chr(39))} >}) >} place )

Which will show the name of the place instea of the number 1 if the product is not sold there.

Sarah

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you,

that's what I needed. I was trying to use the GetFieldSelections() but I did not reach a feasible result, your is great.