Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suraj_Kendre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Microseconds format to Timestamp

Hello,

I have field of date which is in microseconds wanted to convert to a timestamp like 'DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM'.

Please help with it.

Suraj_Kendre_0-1715942486699.png

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
igoralcantara
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have some bad news. Qlik time precision is limited to the seconds. It does not support milliseconds.

What you can try is to store it as a number with lots of decimal places, but when to show it, you can only who to the milliseconds level.

Unless someone has some creative solution (like calculating the milliseconds and concatenating, but that will make the field a string, not a timestamp).

----
datavoyagers.net

View solution in original post

tresesco
MVP
MVP

@Suraj_Kendre , @igoralcantara 
I have a good news! 
Yes, qlik has a formatting for miliseconds or such fraction of seconds, use 'f' for the same.

Something like : Timestamp(Timestamp#(20240409004758500000, 'YYYYMMDDhhmmssffffff'))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igoralcantara
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have some bad news. Qlik time precision is limited to the seconds. It does not support milliseconds.

What you can try is to store it as a number with lots of decimal places, but when to show it, you can only who to the milliseconds level.

Unless someone has some creative solution (like calculating the milliseconds and concatenating, but that will make the field a string, not a timestamp).

----
datavoyagers.net
tresesco
MVP
MVP

@Suraj_Kendre , @igoralcantara 
I have a good news! 
Yes, qlik has a formatting for miliseconds or such fraction of seconds, use 'f' for the same.

Something like : Timestamp(Timestamp#(20240409004758500000, 'YYYYMMDDhhmmssffffff'))

Suraj_Kendre
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much!!!

Its working!