Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markperrone
Contributor III
Contributor III

My initial list of ideas...

My laundry list of items after using Qlik for about 10 years.

POSTED TO IDEATION - Expression editor - prompt to save.  Very annoying if escape is pressed changes are lost.  Disable escape or at minimum prompt to save changes.

Map visual needs a LONG OVERDUE update.  Very difficult to use and read.  Maps should be as easy to develop/use as other charts

Overhaul the color selector.  Allow RGB, HEX, HSA.  Similar in design to Excel with 50 or so presets logically arranged (light to dark across various hues)

Tables - option to show all rows not just the unique ones.  Replace column sidebar with dialog in tabular form.  Columns as the rows.  Something like... 

markperrone_0-1683070681522.png

Page #'s under the table so you can skip to a page instead of scrolling (hoping this one will allow tables to render faster because only the first page is loaded) 

Language - FIRST 0 LOAD to create empty table.  AUTOCONCATENATE(table)  creates table if it doesn't exist.  MAPPING LOAD/APPLY MAP - allow more than one field to be appended if mapping field is unique.  DELETEVAR <variable list>, DELETEVARALL (already released ?).  

Load editor - disable case-sensitivity.  option to disable inteli-sense (already on the roadmap?), allow break-points even if not debugging

Scripts - For a large app, changing one character in the script resaves the entire app.  Link the script so it can be saved separate from the app and vastly speed up development.

QMC - show/hide any column in a listing, sort by any displayed column, persist column layout/user

Labels (7)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark - thanks for your message - you can absolutely suggest ideas - please take a look at:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight 

let us know how we can assist

Michael_Tarallo_0-1682603843881.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark - thanks for your message - you can absolutely suggest ideas - please take a look at:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight 

let us know how we can assist

Michael_Tarallo_0-1682603843881.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
markperrone
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the link.  I was going to the idea status page and didn't see a suggest buttton but your link works great.  Now I just have to pick which one to suggest.  😀

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark - great - have fun with it - we get some great suggestions from our community. 

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik